A nomination form is required. Nominations will remain active for three years. If the nominee is not selected to receive the award during this three-year period, he or she may be nominated for an additional three-year period. Renomination requires submission of a completed nomination form.
- be a member of the University of Illinois Alumni Association
- be an individual or couple who has been instrumental in organizing and managing a specific constituent group; who has played a key role in developing alumni participation, improving membership, and establishing relationships among alumni, students and faculty/staff within a college, school or department; and who has significantly contributed to the success of a specific constituent group
- Faculty and staff of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign are eligible, provided that their contributions to the constituent association for which the award is to be presented are completely voluntary and not a part of their normal job duties or responsibilities.
Those not eligible:
- Previous recipients
- Current members of the UI Board of Trustees; the UI Alumni Association Board of Directors; the Awards Committee; and relatives, employers or employees thereof
- Persons currently holding or running for elected state or federal public office in Illinois
- The award may not be conferred in absentia; however, it may be granted posthumously.
Up to two awards per year may be selected from each campus by the Campus Alumni Advisory Board. The award will be presented by the UI Alumni Association at a UI Alumni Association event or a constituent association event.
Deadline for nominations is Sept. 30. The Awards Committee is composed of alumni and selects the recipients for each U of I campus. Awards are presented by the UI Alumni Association at Commencement or another signature campus event. Should the committee determine that the nominee would be more appropriately honored by means of a different award, it reserves the right to consider each nominee for other, more suitable recognition.