A nomination form is required. Nominations will be remain active for five years.
Selection will be based on three primary criteria:
- Overall career achievement
- Positive impact, both professional and philanthropic, on the Chicago community
- Demonstrated interest in the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- be an individual living at the time of nomination
- hold an earned degree from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- maintain a residence in Chicago or one of its suburbs at the time of nomination
Those not eligible:
- Previous recipients
- Current members of the UI Board of Trustees; the University of Illinois Alumni Association Board of Advisors; the Awards Committee; the University of Illinois Alumni Association Board of Directors; and relatives, employers or employees thereof
- Current faculty and staff of the University, staff of the Illinois Alumni Association, staff of the University of Illinois Alumni Association
- Persons currently holding or running for elected state or federal public office in Illinois
The award may not be conferred in absentia; however, it may be granted posthumously.
A selection committee composed of University of Illinois Alumni Association staff and Chicago Illini Club board members will select the recipients. The awards will be presented at the Chicago Illini of the Year Awards Luncheon in Chicago. Should the committee determine that the nominee would be more appropriately honored by means of a different award, it reserves the right to consider each nominee for other, more suitable recognition.
Deadline for nominations is Jan. 31.