A nomination form plus two letters of support for the nominee from individuals other than the nominator are required. Nominations will remain active for three years or at the discretion of the Awards Committee.
- hold an earned degree from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- be an individual living at the time of nomination
- be of such stature, demonstrated ability, and renown that alumni, students, faculty and staff of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign will take pride in and be inspired by his/her recognition
Those not eligible:
- Previous recipients
- Current members of the UI Board of Trustees; the UI Alumni Association Board of Directors; the Awards Committee; and relatives, employers or employees thereof
- Current faculty and staff of the University or the UI Alumni Association
- Persons currently holding or running for elected state or federal public office in Illinois
The UI Alumni Association Awards and Recognition Committee will select the recipients from each campus. The awards will be presented by the UI Alumni Association at Commencement or a UI Alumni Association event.
Deadline for nominations is Oct. 31. The Awards Committee is composed of alumni and selects the recipients for each U of I campus. Awards are presented by the UI Alumni Association at Commencement or another signature campus event. Should the committee determine that the nominee would be more appropriately honored by means of a different award, it reserves the right to consider each nominee for other, more suitable recognition.