A nomination form plus two letters of support for the nominee from individuals other than the nominator are required. Nominations will remain active for three years or at the discretion of the Illinois Alumni Association Awards Committee.
- hold an earned degree from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- be an individual living at the time of nomination
- be of such stature, demonstrated ability, and renown that alumni, students, faculty and staff of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign will take pride in and be inspired by his or her recognition
Those not eligible:
- Previous recipients
- Current members of the UI Board of Trustees; the Illinois Alumni Association Board of Advisors; the Awards Committee; the University of Illinois Alumni Alliance Board of Directors; and relatives, employers or employees thereof
- Current faculty and staff of the University, staff of the Illinois Alumni Association, staff of the University of Illinois Alumni Alliance
- Persons currently holding or running for elected state or federal public office in Illinois
The Illinois Alumni Association Awards Committee will select the recipients. The awards will be presented by the Illinois Alumni Association during one of the Homecoming events. Should the committee determine that the nominee would be more appropriately honored by means of a different award, it reserves the right to consider each nominee for other, more suitable recognition.
Deadline for nominations is April 8.