A nomination form is required. Nominees must be living at the time of their nomination. Nominations will remain active for three years.
- hold an earned degree from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- be a member of the University of Illinois Alumni Association
- be an individual who, in deed or action, reflects and recognizes the importance of the UI Alumni Association; who demonstrates pride in his/her Alma Mater; and whose interest and loyalty are evident by his/her significant, notable and meritorious contributions to the UI Alumni Association for the advancement of the University
- be an individual in whom alumni, students, faculty and staff of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign will take pride and be inspired by his/her recognition
Those not eligible:
- Previous recipients
- Current members of the UI Board of Trustees; the UI Alumni Association Board of Directors; the Awards Committee; and relatives, employers or employees thereof
- Current faculty and staff of the University or the UI Alumni Association
- Persons currently holding or running for elected state or federal public office in Illinois
- The award may not be conferred in absentia; however, it may be granted posthumously.
The Campus Alumni Advisory Board will select up to 12 recipients per year, per campus. The awards will be presented by the University of Illinois Alumni Association.
Deadline for nominations is Oct. 31. The Awards Committee is composed of alumni and selects the recipients for each U of I campus. Awards are presented by the UI Alumni Association at Commencement or another signature campus event. Should the committee determine that the nominee would be more appropriately honored by means of a different award, it reserves the right to consider each nominee for other, more suitable recognition.